A sugar-free and healthy pastry where creamy cashew filling meets dark chocolate. A perfect recipe when you don’t have access to an oven!
By: Caroline Eléhn, @snacksbycaroline
Baking tin of 16 x 16 cm
1.5 dl natural almonds
1.5 dl oatmeal
0.75 dl coconut flakes
2 tablespoons agave syrup
2 tablespoons cocoa
50 grams of melted coconut oil
A pinch of salt
100 grams Pändy Cashew Nutchup
40 grams of coconut oil
20 grams of agave syrup
A pinch of salt
70 grams of dark chocolate chocolate
10 grams of coconut oil
20 grams of Pändy Cashew Nutchup
- Add almonds, cocoa, coconut flakes, salt and oatmeal in a food processor and mix into a flour. Then add agave syrup and coconut oil and mix. The dough should be malleable. If the dough feels too dry, add a little more coconut oil.
- Press the dough into a baking tin dressed in parchment paper, 16 x 16 cm, about 0.5-1 cm thick.
- Set aside or in the refrigerator while you make the cashew layer.
- Put all the ingredients in a heat-resistant bowl and melt into a smooth batter over a water bath.
- Then remove the bowl from the heat and pour the cashew layer on top of the bottom layer.
- Let solidify in the freezer, at least 2 hours. The cashew layer should solidify, this is important.
- Add cashew butter, coconut oil and chocolate in a heat-resistant bowl and melt over a water bath.
- Then pour the chocolate on top of the Cashew layer.
- Let set in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into pieces.
- Store in the freezer. Let thaw for about 5 minutes before eating.
- Drizzle a little Cashew Nutchup on the pieces before serving.